Week 74 - Miracles in Lince

This week here in Lince was full of Miracles and I couldn’t be more grateful and more sure that THIS IS THE WORK OF THE LORD!!!

First, this week we were preparing for a baptism and our friend had an interview with the President! He passed everything except the last question which is just if he wants to get baptized. So I talked to the president and I was a little embarrassed because our friend said that he didn’t even want to get baptized! So we just decided to share our testimonies about the church and baptism and then we invited him to pray and ask specifically in that moment if he should get baptized. We kneeled and as I was praying in my head I listened to what he said and as he was finishing his prayer he said... help me, i want to get baptized Saturday.... My companion and I just looked at each other and started crying and asked him why he said he wanted to get baptized. He told us he received an answer and he wanted to get baptized! Our president then called him again and he was completely different!! So we had a baptism this last Friday and it was incredible to see a perfect example of how Heavenly Father truly listens to and answers our prayers!

The second was a very similar situation.... We share a ward with another companionship of hermanas. So we met up to give them the church keys and we asked about one of the people that they are teaching. They told us that he didn’t have a testimony about the Book of Mormon so he wasn’t going to get baptized. We decided to go with them to the appointment or meet the friend and see what we could do to help! When we were there we read the Book of Mormon with him and shared our testimonies and invited him to pray as well kneeling down. We joined him in the prayer and he also received an answer. He said I have decided that i will get baptized. We again asked why he said what he did in his prayer and he answered because he wanted to get baptized January 18th! I love my Heavenly Father and I know that he answers to prayers! I also love this very perfect gospel that i know that if someone asks God if this is true it is impossible to get an answer saying no!!

The last miracle that I want to share this week is about a New Friend that we have JOSE!! Jose has been coming to church for a few weeks now because he was invited and he remembered how happy a friend of his was who was a member of the church. He came because he wants to learn and be happy! He told us that he wanted to get baptized but that he was going out of town. He wanted to know what he needed to do to get baptized. We told him that we could meet with him to let him know and he told us that we had to talk later because he had to go to the YSA class hahah. So we met with him after church and read with him the questions in the baptismal interview! He accepted a baptismal date and is very committed to learn and find out if this is the true church!!

Like I said before.... THIS IS THE WORK OF THE LORD and I’m so grateful that for these 18 months I can be an instrument in HIS hands!!

Love,
Hermana Jacey Petersen







Comments

Popular Posts